I’m in love with purple veggies! I roast a lot of eggplant, and thought I’d give some cabbage a try. Cabbage is a great cruciferous vegetable. If you’re tired of broccoli or brussels then give some cabbage a try. It’s inexpensive and so good for you. Cruciferous vegetables are packed full of vitamins, cancer fighting phytochemicals, and fiber.
This recipe is quick, easy, and most importantly delicious!
- Peel outside leaves off
- cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- lay them on a baking sheet covered with parchment
- brush with your favorite fat. I’m a fan of avocado oil because it’s great for high temperature cooking.
- cut up 3-4 cloves of garlic and sprinkle on top
- sprinkle the asiago on top of steaks
- season with salt and pepper to taste
If you want to make this vegan then you could sprinkle with some “Hippie Dust” aka Nutritional yeast. It will give it a buttery cheesy flavor.
Set oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20-30 minutes
The last 2-3 minutes turn on broil to brown the edges!